Batrep 06/16/21. First Game played under full rules.

Krugerannd

Ok so as promised here is the report from the first full fledged game played ever. A fun time was had by all and a few things were learned or proven to not be considered fully.

We played 1v1 as there was no other takers today. I had sent my opponent  my demo lists to peruse the day before game and also to maybe print out as I currently have no functioning printer. I then sent my opponent my lists again because instead of sending .pdf files i sent the .cfm files from CavFM. I am then informed he had decided to use a list of his own creation because he wanted to paint models. This is fine despite the strange foreign notion of painting stuff.

Upon arrival i find he has set up the table already, a ruined city somewhere in the verse. Having previously decided to use Templar as everything was painted and I wouldn't look like a complete schmuck running a unpainted force vs. his painted force. I find that his force consists of 2 Centurions.

1631878074_OpForce.thumb.jpg.b94cd012093d72e43918f3bf2b1b5c27.jpg

Admiring his paint job done in one evening and hiding my "Painted by skippy the wonder dog" models behind terrain, we set them down and proceeded to read the rules for deploying models for Scenario 1, Stand and Fight and then deploy them.

Pre Deployment

1706714779_TablePredeployment.thumb.jpg.6cb70da147006553de67c2e70e48a8bf.jpg

Post Deployment

1841834895_TablePostDeployment.thumb.jpg.0887b2f3b0c6e9186652ef0e4a1fe6ab.jpg

Eh. Rommel and Montgomery we ain't.

The first turn is played and everyone jockeys for position. A imbalance is quickly discovered as 4 models vs. 2 models means I get Twice the actions and can respond much easier to his moves than he can to mine.

1365331278_Endof1stround.thumb.jpg.c9080ab62f08b38bfd26a830cec1c41d.jpg

The second round is played and a volley of Rockets is fired from the Sovereign 3 (Back most Blue CAV) at the Left side Centurion but with no bonuses the salvo scatters way off target and makes a new crater.

516946476_Endof2ndRound.thumb.jpg.1bf11511cb5e6e4317478b3f3a992472.jpg

The Third round sees the Blue Centurion step forward and try a Salvo Strike of PBG's vs the Leading Centurion on the OP force. This proves to be largely ineffectual as I forgot to A. Get a target lock from the Spartan on the Left and pass it to everyone via EST or B. Get a target lock from the Centurion itself having opted to close the distance instead. The OP force decided to show how it's done taking target locks and firing all PBG's and Guided Missiles individually putting 7 points of damage all told on my Centurion. The remainder of my force starts to worry about who exactly is running this army.

1789258528_Endof3rdRound.thumb.jpg.944b34896e59b0537d1bb8e7eb4886aa.jpg

The fourth round sees the tables turn. My force pulled 3 activation cards in a row. The pilot of my Centurion, having encouraged the Wizzo by kicking him and asking politely if he'll kindly pull his head out and get with the program calls an audible to the rest of the squad. The Spartan activates first Declaring a Target Lock and using EST to pass that to the rest of the squad. He then activates his ECM to attempt to prevent the OP force from gaining locks of their own. The Centurion then moves forward reducing the range from Long to Medium and proceeds to Overdrive the PBG's.

This is where having updated rules is important. My stat card is the one CAVBoss had printed up in the last Kickstarter and was handing out with the Templar Faction Pack. The overdrive rules on it are different from the ones in the Rulebook and are different from the Centurion stat card Jeff printed out for his squad last night. Also further inspection of the Cheat Sheet shows the Indirect Fire rules having a strike point of +6 instead of +10. Further Preparation will be needed before playing again and I need a printer of my own.

Having successfully overdriven the PBG's the Centurion laid heavy damage out and managed to knock over the Left Centurion on the OP Force through a failed Pilot Check. The Crusader rounded the corner and added Insult to Injury with it's own PBG's and killed the prone Centurion. The last member of the OP force dished out more damage to my Centurion but without a target lock of it's own the dice rolls were poor and only 2 more damage were added to a total of 8. The Sovereign 3 added Guided Missiles to the dogpile but failed to do anything.

2117660447_Endof4thRound.thumb.jpg.170a0a637d85c576d75f0ec789c0d28c.jpg

For the Fifth round, having figured out which end of the tube the plasma burst comes out. All 4 of my CAV's replayed the last round with the Right Centurion as guest of honor. Another brace of Overdriven PBG's and a failed pilot check saw off the Right Centurion.

22767518_Endof5thRound.thumb.jpg.0298d1c2a26bf9896ebc7c2b35723984.jpg

The game lasted about 90 minutes and all in all a fine time was had by everybody. In 2 weeks another game will be played with different army lists and possibly the addition of Tanks and Infantry.

• Like 2

I believe that the target number for getting the indirect strike point is indeed 10. The 6 listed on the chart is the target for the rolls to see if the rockets do damage after you find out where they land.

This looks like a really good game. We usually use one card per squad instead of per model, even at the "single squad per side" weight, but either works. Good times.