Action, Condition, and Status Tokens

Eringzo

I see in some of the videos that people have some sweet tokens to represent conditions and status for their CAVs. 

I know that LITKO makes some really nice ones. 

Other than the paper ones, does anyone have a source for these? 

Many thanks!

Johnny 

I took the paper ones on the downloads page, pulled them into paint, and printed them top-to-top against a mirrored copy of themselves, then cut them out and folded them into standing triangles. All paper, looks snazzy, easy to pick up because it isn't laying down.

MDF or Acrylic ones would be great!  Sign me up for a set or two!  I was also wondering if it would be possible to get something that marks or helps keep track of strike points as well; like sets of numbers or letters that would help keep track of them from one activation to another and who placed them?  Then it would be easier to remember if an attacker has used that same strike point and will get the bonus for consecutive rounds of shooting to the same spot.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, anvil242 said:

@anvil242I was familiar with Litko but I had not seen these. Very cool. I spoke with CAVBoss about the tokens at the 11/19 meet in Denton about the tokens. He had some nice ones that I think were just cardboard. However, they were clean and easy to see and use. He said they would be available at a later date. 

However, these are pretty dang nice. 

On 11/19/2022 at 8:36 AM, Ultramarine said:

MDF or Acrylic ones would be great!  Sign me up for a set or two!  I was also wondering if it would be possible to get something that marks or helps keep track of strike points as well; like sets of numbers or letters that would help keep track of them from one activation to another and who placed them?  Then it would be easier to remember if an attacker has used that same strike point and will get the bonus for consecutive rounds of shooting to the same spot.  

I think that can be arranged. Its next up right after the next batch of new mini releases.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Guys, I tried. I bought into this (HC rulebook and plenty of models). I really like the systems, however I also like my food cooked before I eat it. Been asking since November about new cards. Received a reply "we are adding several per day" - BS. You have 11 card updated since Dec. 23rd. Less than ONE a day, not Several..... Rules are in disarray. New updates takes my HC book to the trash, and references stats on new cards, that while promised have not materialized.

Again, I like the game, heard tales about another mech game that came after and took the limelight, this is the original blah blah. No wonder, "other mech game" handled it like a business instead of a hobby. Of course they beat CAV senseless. Thankfully models were cheap enough that as of tomorrow I will begin converting them into wreckage markers for "the other mech game" that actually acts like a game.

So CAV Boss, if you really want a game as a business, act like you do. I bought into the hype and you were a serious dissapointment.

Dave - Austin Historical game show

15 hours ago, Lord RebelX said:

Guys, I tried. I bought into this (HC rulebook and plenty of models). I really like the systems, however I also like my food cooked before I eat it. Been asking since November about new cards. Received a reply "we are adding several per day" - BS. You have 11 card updated since Dec. 23rd. Less than ONE a day, not Several..... Rules are in disarray. New updates takes my HC book to the trash, and references stats on new cards, that while promised have not materialized.

Again, I like the game, heard tales about another mech game that came after and took the limelight, this is the original blah blah. No wonder, "other mech game" handled it like a business instead of a hobby. Of course they beat CAV senseless. Thankfully models were cheap enough that as of tomorrow I will begin converting them into wreckage markers for "the other mech game" that actually acts like a game.

So CAV Boss, if you really want a game as a business, act like you do. I bought into the hype and you were a serious dissapointment.

Dave - Austin Historical game show

Hi Dave,

I responded to your email so I think that will be good enough for that part. I'm sorry we didn't meet your expectations and wish you well in the future.

For everyone else, all of the data cards for the available units to choose from is located here: https://www.talon-games.com/downloads/ under the CAV: Strike Operations Master Data Card Lists. I realize that we are way behind on getting more of the "pretty" colored data cards up and am working as fast as we can to get them out to you.

Best

Jon

Talon Games

@Lord RebelX

CAV is a great game with a great community. The owner Jon is easily the most approachable and responsive game designer I've ever encountered. On multiple occasions I've seen him acknowledge that rules or designs needed tweaking and adjust the game to be better based on reasoned and logical feedback from the community.

I'm sorry your experience wasn't what you wanted. Some people like McDonalds and want their food asap. Others enjoy the smell of smoking BBQ and are willing to wait for the good stuff.

To each their own. I hope you find something that makes you happy.