Modder's Dream : Warcaster selling weapons packs, for customization, at about 10$ retail ...

I've always thought this was a compellingĀ idea for mini model manufacturers, to sell mod parts, as a stand alone retail option. I'm dreaming up what the CAV versions of these could be in my mind ... a Rach pack, an Adon pack, etc. etc. Might be something to consider, in the multitude of never ending ideas and things to go do, for CAV. Heh. Near term it cannot make any real sense to try for this for CAV though, as attachment points/design are not made with interchangeability in mind. WAY more important and desirable for just new DualCast stuff to be produced (because that material and those casts are AMAZE-balls great).

Any-hoo ... just fun to dream ... while I lop guns off CAV arms. šŸ˜›

Pics

Ā 

pip87012.jpg

pip82017.jpg

pip84016.jpg

Edited by TheHobbyHabit
amazing spelling skillz
  • Like 1

I think, (though I know nothing about Warcaster, other than some offshoot of the Infinity Ā Warmachine world/gameĀ ) ... but I think this means it would be possible to magnetize a chassis and then just switch weapons arms and kit onto it. That might actually be more the intent.

Oooo. NOW actually thinking about that ... so say way in the future you bring something like the 'Tater up to DualCastĀ ... now at that time you could sell it with weapons options for the shoulder launchers and arm weapons ... and ... ... ...Ā (floats off to dreaming again)

Ā 

Edited by TheHobbyHabit
wrong game verse ... whoops

As a Warmachine vet they have been doing multi configuration kits for years now for Warmachine and Hordes. Each army generally had 2 or 3 basic chassis and the loadout varied depending on model. The Ironclad/Defender/Cyclone kit came with the parts to make 1 of the 3 variantsĀ  for example but the only real difference was in the arms.Ā If you were good with a drill you could magnetize the body and just swap arms as needed.

Character/Named models switched over to a upgrade pack to go with the basic 'jack kit. For Example Torch (A Khador Character 'jack) is just a Decimator/Juggernaut/Destroyer kit with $10 of metal bits added.

• Like 1