Role Abilities Mentioned on Stream

Ok, so last Wednesday (30 June, I guess), CAVBoss mentioned that one of the changes that might be coming in the JoR is the model role giving them a special ability. If I understood correctly, he said that Recon models would get a free target lock each activation against an enemy model, and that Fire Support models would get a free target lock each activation against a point on the board (such as what a Strike Point is shooting at).

I am excited for this to happen. As had been pointed out, those model types tend to bring more utility than what their action economy really lets them express, so this will open up more gameplay options for them.

I am also excited for our New Almirithil Overlords, and the almighty Murder "Recon" Squads they bring with like 4 King Cobras. May the flashlights shine happily on us all. 😜

You could. You could do that.

1,912 points for 4 CAV's with Armor 5 though, even transports can have guns that will damage you. Strike first and quickly and run like hell while they wait for the canopy window polarization to undo from all the radiation.

15 hours ago, Krugerannd said:

You could. You could do that.

1,912 points for 4 CAV's with Armor 5 though, even transports can have guns that will damage you. Strike first and quickly and run like hell while they wait for the canopy window polarization to undo from all the radiation.

Pretty much, yeah. Armor 5, but DoubleTime, ATC2, free locks on target, and 4 LBGs. Move, Lock, Salvo at +5 should almost always hit, and will likely put up good margins against many targets.

Fun? Yes. Overpowered? Nope. You've got 2k invested in glass cannons.