C3 and the draw deck in a multi-player team game

Hoping to finally run some multi-player team scenario games at a couple regional cons this year. When there are multiple players on a side (each controlling one or more squads), what are the thoughts on governing activation? I was thinking of designating a specific card in the deck to each squad, then when it's drawn that squad's player can choose to activate or pass - ideally in consultation with a designated team leader and teammates. Or do you leave it as red/black and let the team decide who's going to activate?

• Like 1

For con games I tend to limit player choices just to keep stuff moving along, I'd go with assigning the cards. I ran a Warmaster demo where I allowed people to deploy their armies, it took the better part of an hour.

Set things up, and let people move and blow stuff up as quickly as possible.

8 hours ago, CarlZog said:

Hoping to finally run some multi-player team scenario games at a couple regional cons this year. When there are multiple players on a side (each controlling one or more squads), what are the thoughts on governing activation? I was thinking of designating a specific card in the deck to each squad, then when it's drawn that squad's player can choose to activate or pass - ideally in consultation with a designated team leader and teammates. Or do you leave it as red/black and let the team decide who's going to activate?

For multiple forces you can switch to suite, allowing the deck to control up to 4 "sides." For larger games you can always go to numbers i.e. team 1 uses the four aces and so on.

For multiple players all in one group, either allow them to pick an overall commander or assign a specific card to that player/squad. When it flips they move. This option adds an additional spin to using recon abilities.

• Like 1

A card tied to a unit/squad can also represent poorer command and control capabilities. It forces the player to activate something at a certain time, rather than giving them the choice of what to activate.

• Like 3