Figure assembly question

I wasn't sure where to post this question, but I hope you all can help.  I just got my core rulebook and a four-pack of CAVs.  What kind of glue should I be using to assemble them?  Super glue?  Tamiya cement?  Any help would be appreciated!

Edited by Zimzerveran
Initial post too brief; had to go bacjk to work!

6 hours ago, Zimzerveran said:

I wasn't sure where to post this question, but I hope you all can help.  I just got my core rulebook and a four-pack of CAVs.  What kind of glue should I be using to assemble them?  Super glue?  Tamiya cement?  Any help would be appreciated!

Never used Tamiya cement but I have assembled 100+ CAVs. Super glue has always worked for me!

J-- 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zimzerveran said:

Thanks! That's what I figured, but you never know.

I might try the Tamiya cement to see if it bonds these minis. It welds plastic parts together quite well. I've had good results with it on the plastic Ogre/GEV minis from Steve Jackson Games.

Please share your findings, I'm very curious to know how it works.

On 12/8/2021 at 2:07 PM, The Red Baron said:

Please share your findings, I'm very curious to know how it works.

Well, the short answer is I didn't try it. 🙂

Super Glue, as you recommended, works perfectly and creates quite the strong bond. 

The Tamiya Cement is apparently only used on styrene plastics, which is why I had to use it on my Ogre/GEV minis as Super Glue doesn't hold styrene together well at all.  That said, I'm not complaining, because that stuff has a strong odor and Super Glue is far more readily available. 

• Like 1

Correct model cement will not glue PVC plastic or the newer Dual-Cast material. Stay with super glue! Note: Clear non-expanding gorilla glue will act as a bit of an accelerator for super glue and will bond together. I typically use a drop of one or the other on the two pieces Im gluing and get a really good bond!

• Like 1